Steam/Power Shift Engineer
The Shift Engineer is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the steam and recausticizing departments and all associated equipment. He/she must hold a 2nd Class Operating Engineer Ticket, valid in Ontario. The Shift Engineer reports to the Chief Engineer and/or Assistant Chief Engineer.
Additionally, the Steam Shift Engineer is responsible for:
- Abiding by, and ensuring others under his leadership are abiding by, all safety precautions, government regulations and Company policies and procedures related to the operation of the department and being in compliance with TSSA regulations
- Read Manuals
- Maintaining an accurate logbook of all activities that occurred during his shift
- All pressure vessels in the absence of the Chief Engineer or Assistant Chief Engineer
- Shift manpower scheduling and inputting the time sheets to payroll
- Ensuring that vacation is scheduled as per the vacation policy and Collective Agreement
- Handling emergency situations, ie: tube leak in recovery boiler
- Handling all personnel issues, however, if disciplinary measures are required, the shift engineer will hand the issue over to the Chief or Assistant Chief Engineer
- Attending the daily production meeting and reporting on the activities and status of the department
- Working in conjunction with the maintenance department to ensure equipment reliability
- Maintaining close contact with the Shift Coordinator to maximize mill production
- Other duties as assigned
- Assisting the operators and others as required
Applicants interested in working for a progressive, team oriented company should send their resume in confidence to:
AV Terrace Bay Inc.
21 Mill Road
Terrace Bay, Ontario P0T 2W0
Fax: (807) 825-8846
We wish to thank all candidates in advance for their applications however, only those under consideration will be contacted.