Working in the pulp mill environment and reporting to the Pulp & Wood-handling Manager, the Pulp Superintendent will oversee the Stock Prep, Pulp Machine, Wood handling, and Ware House Areas of the mill. Working closely with the production, quality and logistic teams, the Pulp Superintendent shall insure that the department is operated and maintained to the highest standard. This position will insure that all health & safety, environment, cost and human resources objectives are met in compliance with our corporate principles and guidelines, as well as applicable legislation.
- Ensure that operation’s activities meet or exceed established mill standards
- Coach and mentor Pulp Mill Foremen who report to the Pulp Superintendent
- Ensure the pulp dryer equipment and consumables are maintained to established standards
- Ensure effective utilization of the operation’s workforce
- Manage pulp crew training program
- Ensure continuous improvement towards current best practices
- Lead root cause analysis of issues and their elimination in area of responsibility
- Lead Health & Safety and environment standards compliance
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years post-secondary education. Preference will be given to those with a Science, Engineering, or Technical background
- Proven track record in a Kraft Mill and or Pulp industry with 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Previous Bleach Plant, Pulp Dryer and Digester experience would be considered an asset and can offset education requirements
- Experience working in a unionized environment considered an asset
Applicants interested in working for a progressive, team oriented company should send their resume in confidence to:
AV Terrace Bay Inc.
21 Mill Road
Terrace Bay, Ontario P0T 2W0
Fax: (807) 825-8846
We wish to thank all candidates in advance for their applications however, only those under consideration will be contacted.