Pulp Maintenance Planner
Manage the maintenance planning activities for the mill in order to support the achievement of uptime and productivity targets while ensuring cost, health & safety, environment, quality and human resource objectives are met in compliance with Corporate Principles & Guidelines and applicable legislation.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the Maintenance Planner is a key member of the maintenance team and, as such is responsible for the planning activities and to ensure work is performed without undue risk. A key part of this role will be to plan out the daily, weekly, monthly, short shutdown and major shutdown maintenance work functions and for monitoring and analyzing the work orders and collecting history to optimize the maintenance work functions.
Manage Area Daily and Shutdown Work Order Backlogs
- Manage the area work order backlog report to ensure list is accurate and up-to-date.
- Work with Operations Maintenance Coordinator (OMC) to screen and sort all incoming area work orders to prevent duplication, ensure alignment on the need for the work and appropriate categorization.
- Liaison daily with OMCs and Superintendents to ensure clear communication channels.
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor to provide timely and accurate work order completions.
Plan Daily and Shutdown Work Orders to Ready to Schedule Status
- Review and prepare all work orders to a ready-to-schedule work order.
- Work with Stores and Procurement to source and kit necessary parts to complete jobs.
- Prepare job package for tradesmen including job plans, parts lists, equipment checklists etc.
- Ensure PM work orders get the necessary information and man-hours and are kept up-to-date.
Prepare Daily and Weekly Area Work Plans
- Obtain trades resource capacity for the upcoming work week from Maintenance Supervisor.
- Develop weekly job plans for a minimum of 1-3 weeks in the future.
- Provide 1 week out work list to Operations group with ready-to-schedule work orders each week.
- Facilitate weekly meetings on daily planning and scheduling of anytime work.
- Meet with Maintenance Supervisor and OMC to prioritize top ten work orders for following weeks schedule a minimum of once each week.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor as necessary to prepare upcoming weekly work schedule.
- Review, freeze and finalize upcoming weekly work plan and schedule with Maintenance Supervisor and OMC prior to the end of each week.
- Get feedback forms from the Lead hands and update the Sap with work history and any comments from trades on the work completed.
- Create or update PMs as necessary to address failure modes on equipment.
- A strong commitment to safety
- Must have Red seal Millwright or Pipefitter Ticket
- 10+ years of experience either as a planner or as a tradesman in Pulp and Paper industry or similar heavy industries
- Familiarity with Pulp and Paper processes and related equipment considered an asset.
- Proven leadership skills coupled with ability to work independently and collaborate with people in a team environment
- Knowledge of Ontario Health & Safety Act and Regulations
- Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills
- Knowledge of an electronic based maintenance program (i.e. e-mesa, SAP, etc.) would be an asset.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated abilities to balance priorities that met short and long-term objectives.
Applicants interested in working for a progressive, team oriented company should send their resume in confidence to:
AV Terrace Bay Inc.
21 Mill Road
Terrace Bay, Ontario P0T 2W0
Fax: (807) 825-8846
We wish to thank all candidates in advance for their applications however, only those under consideration will be contacted.