AV Terrace Bay is currently recruiting for Pipefitters to join its Mechanical Maintenance Department.
- Must hold a valid and current provincial or inter-provincial (red seal) Pipefitter ticket
- Must be a high school graduate or have the GED equivalency
- Must successfully meet the Company standards for the Aptitude and Physical Testing, pre-employment medical and provision of a Criminal Records Check
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts in a plant that operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Must be committed to safety and producing the highest quality product
- Ability to work in a team based environment.
- Forest products manufacturing experience would be considered an asset.
- Must be willing to relocate to Terrace Bay (relocation assistance provided)
Each member of the team will be required to utilize all of their skills for multiple aspects of the plant activities. In addition to the challenge and opportunity associated with the positions, AV Terrace Bay offers competitive salary and benefits.
$35.40 / hour
Applicants interested in working for a progressive, team oriented company should send their resume in confidence to:
AV Terrace Bay Inc.
21 Mill Road
Terrace Bay, Ontario P0T 2W0
Fax: (807) 825-8846
We wish to thank all candidates in advance for their applications however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
A Pipefitter measures, cuts, and installs all sizes and types of pipes, from ½” through to 36” or larger using such metals as copper, steel, stainless steel, titanium and special high alloy boiler piping in plastics and fibreglass.
Under normal running conditions, he/she will also repair, inspect and modify all of the above types of piping systems. He is responsible for the adjustments and maintenance of any accompanying equipment, such as valves, sight glasses or gaskets.
During short or major shutdowns, the pipefitter is involved in process and equipment changes as well as repairs to equipment that is not accessible under normal running conditions.
A pipefitter must be knowledgeable of the characteristics of chemicals and steam that flow through the piping systems. Types and strengths of piping must also be applied by them as they do fabrication work. A pipefitter also troubleshoots and repairs hydraulic systems. Some railway tank car and trucks transporting chemicals are also loaded and unloaded by the pipefitters.