Occupational Health Centre Nurse
The Nurse is part of the occupational health team and will report into HR, Health & Safety Manager.
The Nurse works independently under the direction of the Safety Manager. Daily tasks may change based on the needs of the business. The Nurse is expected to maintain the Occupational Health Centre.
The Nurse has a range of duties including but not limited to:
- Provide First Aid emergency care as required
- Documentation and Filing of Medical Records
- Administration of the Company Prescription Safety Glasses Program
- Claims Management, including WSIB, Short and Long term disability claims.
- Assist employees with Health Monitoring as requested
- Identification and primary treatment of workplace illness and injury
- Assist Plant Nurse in the development and implementation of health and wellness programs.
- Prompt Communication with Department Leaders regarding employee absences and return to work.
- Assist Plant Nurse with the Return to Work Program
- Assist Plant Nurse as needed with daily tasks and special projects.
The Nurse is also responsible for:
- Communicating with Human Resources, Department Leaders, and the Safety Manager
- Working Independently
- Maintaining a clean well organized environment within the Occupational Health Centre
- Carrying a Radio at all times
- Wearing appropriate PPE to allow for entering the Plant at a moment’s notice if required
- First Aid and wound care experience
- Current First Aid/CPR certification HCP level
- 1 – 3 years’ experience or greater in a Health Care role
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (to be verified at time of hire then submitted annually) an asset but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Computer skills
- Effective Interpersonal Skills and strong organizational ability
- Occupational Health Experience an asset but not required.
- Critical Thinker
- Positive attitude
Ability to follow direction, and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner. Training will be provided prior to commencement and as needed.
Applicants interested in working for a progressive, team oriented company should send their resume in confidence to:
AV Terrace Bay Inc.
21 Mill Road
Terrace Bay, Ontario P0T 2W0
Fax: (807) 825-8846
We wish to thank all candidates in advance for their applications however, only those under consideration will be contacted.