Senior Buyer – Capital Project and Major Maintenance
AV Terrace Bay Inc. is a part of Aditya Birla Group, a US $40 billion corporation which is in the League of Fortune 500. It is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 133,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities. The Group has been ranked Number 4 in the Global ‘Top Companies for Leaders’ survey and ranked Number 1 in Asia Pacific for 2011. ‘Top Companies For Leaders’ is the most comprehensive study of organizational leadership in the world conducted by AON Hewitt, Fortune Magazine and RBL (a strategic Human Resources and Leadership Advisory firm).
The Aditya Birla Group is the world’s largest producer of Viscose Staple Fibre (VSF), commanding a 21 per cent global market share. Grasim, with an aggregate capacity of 333,975 tons per annum, has a global market share of 10 per cent. It is also the second largest producer of caustic soda (which is used in the production of VSF) in India. It owns Pulp & Fibre Mills across Canada, Sweden, Thailand, Laos, Indonesia and Turkey (in process)
AV Terrace Bay Inc. is one of the three pulp and fibre mills in Canada and is currently recruiting a Senior Buyer to join our team.
Terrace Bay, ON
- Purchase complex and critical purchases of capital equipment and major projects and negotiate all contractor rates
- Assess requirements of the business and collaborate with engineers and planners to develop specifications for equipment, materials and supplies to be purchased from both North American and Global sources.
- Develop and execute effective bidding, negotiation, pricing strategies and evaluation of critical suppliers, contractors & large projects.
- Invite tenders, consult with suppliers and review quotations.
- Determine or negotiate contract terms and conditions, award supplier contracts or recommend contract awards.
- Conducts activities in SAP and other Information Systems.
- Drive innovation and focus activities on continuous improvement within the organization.
- Establish logistics of delivery schedules, monitor progress and contact clients and suppliers to resolve problems.
- Liase with global procurement in sourcing on a global platform.
- Support Manager of Procurement with reports on an as needed basis.
- May train or supervise purchasing clerks.
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Commitment, Passion, Seamlessness and Speed.
The incumbent should have completed certification in the Professional Purchasing accreditation program or be actively pursuing accreditation and should have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in manufacturing operations, preferably within the pulp and paper industry. A degree in Mechanical Engineering with strong SAP experience would be an asset. Effective communication skills and the ability to work with all mill teams to ensure delivery of results on time and within budget are essential. The successful candidate must be willing to relocate to Terrace Bay. In addition to the challenge and opportunity associated with the positions, AV Terrace Bay Inc. offers competitive salary (range of $75K to $80K) and benefits.
Applicants interested in working for a progressive, team oriented company should send their resume in confidence to:
AV Terrace Bay Inc.
Priscilla Andoh, Human Resources
21 Mill Road
Terrace Bay, Ontario P0T 2W0
Email: Priscilla. firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (807) 825-8846