AV Terrace Bay Inc. is currently recruiting for a Business Analyst, to join its Fibre Supply division consisting of 1.5 million cubic metres of Crown fibre supply derived from 4 forest management units located in north central Ontario as well as a significant fibre purchase program.
- Responsible for complete accounting of fibre supply and activities and to Produce and interpret month end financial and management reports
- Produce business information and analysis to satisfy requests of members of the Fibre Supply Group and Mill finance team.
- Develop and maintain an adequate systems to facilitate timely and accurate cost analysis of wood and fibre supply activities as well as to track co cost reduction programs
- Oversee tracking of wood flow and fibre exchanges and ensure accurate payment to all vendors
- Lead the development of the annual operating budget and prepare monthly variance analysis reports forecasts
- Develop and maintain sufficient understanding of laws, policies, general accounting practices and general forestry practice to be able to provide practical solutions
- Work with staff, contractors and suppliers to develop a culture of waste and cost reduction
- Develop a working relationship with contractors and suppliers such that a partnership approach to cost reduction can be attained
- Maintain a knowledge base of new and emerging technology
- Cooperate with Mill Finance Department to ensure that systems, processes and procedures are coordinated
- Be prepared to travel throughout the region and work in office and field settings
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or Business, CPA will be preferred
- 5 years of relevant business analysis experience,
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and accounting software
- Training in Six Sigma and/or process improvement will be considered an asset
Applicants interested in working for a progressive, team oriented company should send their resume in confidence to:
AV Terrace Bay Inc.
21 Mill Road
Terrace Bay, Ontario P0T 2W0
Fax: (807) 825-8846
We wish to thank all candidates in advance for their applications however, only those under consideration will be contacted.