3rd Class & 4th Class Power Engineers
- Grade 12
- 4th class power engineer’s certificate or successful completion of 4A & 4B exams
The MPR Relief is responsible for the following:
- Know, understand and practice all safety precautions related to job including PPE
- Read manuals
- Will be trained to cover the Junior 2nd Fireman and Recovery Field Operator positions for vacation, FH’s or sickness
- Must know his shift area of responsibility for clean up and do the clean-up in this area on a regular basis (including: floors, U drains, walls, lines, beams, pumps, motors, catwalks, windows, etc.) Use the H/P water cleaner when required
- Must maintain good communication within and outside of the department
- Report any deficiencies noticed during regular rounds to the operators
- Review the Standing Order book on a regular basis
- Spend a minimum amount of time in the control room
- Respond in a timely fashion when someone calls
- Must be a team player and assist the operators with duties when major operating problems occur
- Other duties as assigned, i.e. vessel guard, fire watch, etc.
- Complete log book before end of shift
Applicants interested in working for a progressive, team oriented company should send their resume in confidence to:
AV Terrace Bay Inc.
21 Mill Road
Terrace Bay, Ontario P0T 2W0
Fax: (807) 825-8846
We wish to thank all candidates in advance for their applications however, only those under consideration will be contacted.